Adding Ayurvedic Herb to Latuda

Temas relacionados.
Responder
bendain

Adding Ayurvedic Herb to Latuda

Mensaje por bendain »

Dear Dr. Lubrano,

Do you know what herbs is it safe to take along with Latuda, antipsychotic, to help cure Schizophrenia. Do some herbs interact with medications?
Can you also recommend a natural mood stabilizer for Schizoaffective disorder
Can you recommend a practitioner who is well versed in psychiatry and aryeveda
I live in Boston MA

Thank you
Ben Dain
Arcangelo
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: Adding Ayurvedic Herb to Latuda

Mensaje por Arcangelo »

Let me start by stating that you should consult with your treating physician before making any changes in the treatment. That said I can tell you that there are a number of herbs in Ayurveda with "nervine" properties, however, they do not work as fast as psychotropic’s do, and none that I know can relieve intense psychiatric symptoms like auditory hallucinations or paranoia. They can complement allopathic medicines in many ways. To mention a few you have Gotu Kola, Brahmi, Sankapushpi and Jatamansi among others. The problem in the US is that you get only herbs in powder form; this does not represent the full power of the herb and is active for just a few months. If you are interested in complementing your current treatment I would suggest you consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner in your area. Usually Yoga centers should be able to refer you to a practitioner. Remember that Ayurveda works by balancing your constitution and recommending changes in your life style and diet. There is no magic herb or pill that will "cure" your problem right away but there will be an expansion of consciousness that will help you improve the situation and show you the proper approach for the future. A disciplined life style is most important to bring chronic mood disorders into balance and here Ayurveda will be of great help.

Best Wishes,
bendain

Mensaje por bendain »

Hi,
Thanks you for your response. I'm seriously considering Ayurveda treatment for intrusive thoughts and overreacting.
Is there any risk that these herbs will make my current medication not as affective Latuda.
Thank you,
Ben
Mariana Sanchez

Mensaje por Mariana Sanchez »

Hi Ben,

No one will be able to answer your question, you are going to have to try on your own to find the answer. Latuda is a new generation antipsychotic and I doubt very much if someone has studied the interactions of Ayurvedic Herbs and this type of medication. Even Chamomile that has "nervine" properties and is a well known herb in the west has not been properly studied for this purpose. As far as risk I doubt there is any. But bear in mind what Dr. Lubrano is telling you, you're going to benefit much more from changes in your life style, diet, yoga and meditation than from herbs.

Welcome to the Foro!

Mariana
Responder